Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

O, Christmas Tin!

Hello, friends!

Julie here...also known as "A Vintage Chic" in Blogland.   So glad Sheila asked me to pop in during the holidays to share a project with you!

I love creating things from vintage finds...





...this beautifully detailed muffin tin was a steal this summer at a yard sale--just 25 cents!  I really hesitated altering it, but....that's just what we do, isn't it, ladies?!



This was very simple project, really.  First, I just looked online for some wonderfully retro Christmas images (thank-you, Pinterest!), traced the bottom of one of the cups, and used that pattern to cut out each image...

After deciding where I wanted to place each image in the tin (using just a touch of glue for each), I circled the images with some Platinum Stickles (just about my favorite product on the planet!), softened the edges a bit with a fine paintbrush--blurring it onto the image a bit more--and that was it for the images!





I decided it needed just a little something more...snow, of course!  A little dimensional white paint was added under each cup, and then some fine iridescent glitter was sprinkled on top--just the right amount of sparkle!




For the center, I adhered an wonderfully shabby vintage light reflector I found in a box of old Christmas ornaments I picked up at another yard sale this year, topped it with a button, and the "Merry Christmas" sentiment typed up using a vintage typewriter font.




Some lovely seam binding was dyed with Glimmer Mist in two different shades of green, then tied in a big, loopy bow and attached to the top of the tin--then crowned by two wonderful vintage buttons from my stash...



...a few more vintage plastic buttons (don't you just LOVE them?!) were added to the bottom, and that was it!  Easy peasy!




So fun to make your very own "vintage" Christmas touches for the home...hope you'll give it a try!

Wishing you all the merriest Christmas of all!

Julie

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! This is over-the-moon adorable!! Thanks so much, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Julie. I got a muffin tin from my mil this summer. Great idea to try!!!
    Big hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous. I love the vintage images you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite things so far this season! I LOOOOVE it! I swear, The Creative Patch has SO become my go-to for new & wonderful ideas! THANK YOU, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's fabulous!! Love its vintage appeal:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I'd hesitate to alter that muffin tin, too, but aren't you glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seriously in LOVE with this muffin tin!! I have an old one, I just might have to create one too. This is my first visit here and just love the blog, will be following along. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete