Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Patterned Paper Tutorial

Hi there! I am happy to be here again with you as today’s Guest Gardener. My home blog is Kids Napping? I’m Scrapping! and I’d love to have you visit after you’ve soaked up all the sweet ideas and tutorials here on The Creative Patch.

Valentine’s Day, my favorite holiday, is upon us. All of my favorite things celebrated on one day: love; hand-delivered mail; flowers; chocolate; romantic picnics; the colors pink, white, and red, kisses; gift-giving; baking; bling (adhesive gems or diamonds are both winners with me); love notes; and hearts.

I love Valentine’s Day crafting, and today I will be sharing how to make your own patterned paper to use on your projects.

You will need:
light, neutral-toned cardstock (you could even use music sheets)
ink pads or paint
rubber or acrylic stamps

After you’ve gathered your supplies:
Ink the stamp of your choice:Start stamping on your cardstock:Be sure that the images are somewhat offset. It is more pleasing to the eye and looks more natural.To stamp on the edges, you will need a scratch piece of paper:Put the scratch sheet of paper behind your patterned paper:Now, stamp the edge of the paper allowing the other edge of the stamp to come off the edge. This will give the patterned paper a continuous look:Once you have completed stamping your paper:You can take a very, fancy pen for coloring:a nearby crayon will work fine, too, if all of your crafting supplies are still in boxes. ;)
Voila! You are all done:I used my paper to make a heart.
I took a chipboard heart to use as a template:I traced the heart on the back:Cut out my heart with scissors:And now? There is a naughty message for my husband on the fridge:;)

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love the tip about stamping your image off-set...Great suggestion that I will try...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessia,

    Love your tutorial and stamping techniques! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and clear instructions. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable idea..your crafts are great. We love your blog! Hope you get a chance to check out ours.

    Taylor

    www.thegreeleygirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a brilliant idea. Its very easy for make at home as well as Its good activity for kids. Its enjoyable activity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your post so much. Its beautiful and great paper craft. Its looks very nice. You have done amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!
    I think I will have to do some Christmassy patterned paper to write Christmas letters to Santa on!

    Your blog has so many wonderful ideas, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... great idea, love to make them. thanks for sharng this tutorial. just only one thing, do you carved the wood?
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete